1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Buttermilk Dinner Rolls
2 hrs 20 mins
Burgundy Damsel's Note:
From Cooking Pleasures Magazine. Haven't tried these yet; storing for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1/4 cup of the warm water in a small bowl; stir in yeast. Let stand 10 min or until yeast is dissolved and foamy.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk remaining 1/2 cup water, buttermilk, egg, butter, sugar and salt in large bowl. Whisk in yeast mixture to combine.
- 3Slowly stir in 3 1/2 cups of flour, using hands if necessary, until soft dough forms. Slowly add up to 1/4 cup additional flour if needed to form soft dough that pulls away from sides of bowl.
- 4On lightly floured surface, knead dough 7 to 10 min or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in lightly buttered large bowl; turn to coat all sides with butter.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and towel; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 6Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently punch down dough; turn out onto lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half; cut each half into 8 pieces.
- 7Roll each piece into desired shape; place on baking sheet. Spray plastic wrap with cooking spray, cover rolls. Let rise in warm place 30 to 40 min or until double in size. (To make ahead, shape rolls, place on baking sheet and cover with greased plastic wrap. Refridgerate 4 hours or overnight. When ready to bake, let stand at room temperature 30 min before baking.).
- 8Heat oven to 375*. Bake 17 to 20 min or until light golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Buttermilk Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.3
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 231.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g