Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is like a meatloaf from the 1940's Great taste.
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sirloin
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and sugar in a small saucepan.
- over medium heat. Heat the mixture until it begins to bubble, stirring often,.
- then remove it from the heat.
- In a large bowl, add all but 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce to the meat.
- Mix the sauce into the meat, then add the remaining ingredients. Mix again.
- Pack a loaf pan with the meat mixture, cover with foil, and bake for about.
- 30 minutes. Remove foil and drain fat. Cut the meatloaf, while in the pan,.
- into eight separate slices. Pour remaining sauce over the meatloaf. Return.
- to oven and cook for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Allow to cool slightly.
- before serving.