Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I grew up on these so do not know where my mom got the recipe, but my kids love them still and they are out of college....simple dinner when you are rushed and need something in a hurry...
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- minced onion (optional)
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 slices American cheese
- Mix all ingredients together but cheese and buns.
- Place some mixture on a hamburg bun.
- Place a slice of cheese on and put top on.
- Wrap in foil wrap.
- Put on a baking sheet.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degees.
- Put sandwiches in oven for 20 minutes.
i just made these for dinner. They were excellent. I doubled the recipe & put in cream of of mushroom & cream of Celery soup. Diced up some yellow peppers, & added a can of mushrooms. My husband said it reminds him of exactly what he used to eat as a kid. I also added an extra can of tuna to soak up some of the gooeyness & they were wonderful. Thanks for sharing. :)
This recipe was okay. It was very soupy, even with undiluted soup and two cans of tuna. I think next time I make this, I would add some hot sauce to spice it up just a bit. Otherwise, the taste was good, just a little messy. We wound up eating it with a knife and fork.