Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I wanted to do something different with Fried Chicken, so I used Old Bay as my seasoning and it seemed to work out just fine. The time it takes for this to soak is not included in the prep time, so please plan ahead if you are making this recipe.If desired when frying chicken, sprinkle with extra Old Bay Seasoning. As with my recipes, adjust to your own tastes. :)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (I used 3 to 4 drops )
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin for even cooking
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- In a bowl large enough to hold chicken, mix together brine ingredients.
- Pierce chicken pieces several times with fork so brine can soak into chicken.
- Place chicken into brine and refrigerate for at least 2 hours( overnight would be better).
- Combine egg and milk, set aside.
- After soaking, mix together Coating Mixture ingredients and dip both sides of chicken into mixture.
- Preheat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Then dip chicken into egg/milk mixture.
- Coat again in Coating Mixture.
- Fry until desired doneness is reached, about 6 to 8 minutes for each side.