Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Bob Evans online.
Make and share this Oktoberfest Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (19 ounce) package bratwursts, Bob Evans Original
- 5 hoagie rolls
- 6 -8 slices swiss cheese
- favorite mustard
- favorite relish
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 3⁄4 cup large red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion, green part only
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (1 to 2)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar, to taste (1/2 to 3/4)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste (1/2 to 3/4)
- 2 dashes favorite hot sauce (2 to 3)
- Carefully cut lengthwise each bratwurst (only 2/3 the way through).
- Gently flatten for quick and easy cooking.
- Prepare bratwurst according to package directions in skillet.
- Note: Cook time will be shortened. Cook until no longer visibly pink.
- Place bratwurst to side keeping warm on low oven setting.
- Carefully drain excess liquid.
- Add vegetable oil and return skillet to medium-high heat setting.
- Add sliced red onion and green pepper, saute for 2-5 minutes until slightly tender.
- Add sauerkraut and gently heat together.
- Add seasonings and scallions and keep warm.
- Add cooked bratwurst, sauerkraut and cheese on a roll.
- Refrigerate leftovers.