Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From otherwhitemeat.com, this sounds easy and good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spareribs, trimmed to fit into slow cooker, cut in 2-rib portions
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 small red potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 (1 lb) packagerefrigerated sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 small red apples, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 4 tablespoons catsup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed, coarsely crushed
- In large nonstick skillet brown ribs in oil over heat.
- Place in 3 1/2-4-quart slow cooker with potatoes, onion, sauerkraut and apples. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over.
- Cook, covered, on Low 6-8 hours (or on for 3-4 hours).