Oktoberfest Ribs With Apple Sauerkraut
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 2 (32 ounce) jars sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 8 juniper berries
- 2 large onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 tart green apples, cored and wedged
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Evenly layer ingredients into a large stew pot or Dutch oven in this order: Sauerkraut, juniper berries, onion, apples, brown sugar and ribs.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer gently for 2-3 hours, until ribs are very tender.
- Wine suggestion: Pour a chilled Gewurztraminer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"