Oktoberfest Ribs With Apple Sauerkraut
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spareribs, trimmed to fit into slow cooker, cut in 2-rib portions
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 small red potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 (1 lb) package refrigerated sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 small red apples, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 4 tablespoons catsup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed, coarsely crushed
- In large nonstick skillet brown ribs in oil over heat.
- Place in 3 1/2-4-quart slow cooker with potatoes, onion, sauerkraut and apples. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over.
- Cook, covered, on Low 6-8 hours (or on for 3-4 hours).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"