Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
We had a wonderful Oktoberfest dinner earlier this month for just two of us to celebrate. I made water braised, sauteed, then finally lager braised brats with plenty of sliced onion. We served this with a side of my own Pennsylvania Dutch Amish Ginger Sauerkraut and zaar Bacon -Butter Potatoes Oktoberfest Style. For dipping brats, I made this sauce and it turned out very tasty. I had something quite similar to this on zaar, but this one is a little different. Topped the dinner with great tasting beer. This is life! Next day - brats hoagie with this sauce and they were wonderful.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely minced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Saute the onion in oil until it is transparent, about 2-3 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add curry powder and paprika to onion and continue to saute for a about 1 minute.
- Add ketchup and water to the onion mixture and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens a bit about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Refrigerate and serve with brats, hamburger or hot dogs.
This made for a super yummy curry ketchup! Loved it, it was so easy to make and came out delish! :) Way better than the sugar laden store-bought kind.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a keeper withus!
Made and reviewed for Aussie Swap February 2011.
GREAT! I have not used mine with Bratties yet, only with egg and chips, but is is VERY good! I pureed mine after it had cooled in my blender for a smooth texture, Malcolm preferred the smooth texture to the slightly lumpy one! I plan to make a CurryWust one evening and this will be perfect! Made for the Aussie/Kiwi recipe swap #24 and Prop it Up - thanks for a wonderful recipe! FT:-)