1/3 Photos of Oktoberfest Curry Catsup
We had a wonderful Oktoberfest dinner earlier this month for just two of us to celebrate. I made water braised, sauteed, then finally lager braised brats with plenty of sliced onion. We served this with a side of my own Pennsylvania Dutch Amish Ginger Sauerkraut and zaar Bacon -Butter Potatoes Oktoberfest Style. For dipping brats, I made this sauce and it turned out very tasty. I had something quite similar to this on zaar, but this one is a little different. Topped the dinner with great tasting beer. This is life! Next day - brats hoagie with this sauce and they were wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onion in oil until it is transparent, about 2-3 minutes. Do not brown.
- 2Add curry powder and paprika to onion and continue to saute for a about 1 minute.
- 3Add ketchup and water to the onion mixture and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens a bit about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 4Refrigerate and serve with brats, hamburger or hot dogs.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oktoberfest Curry Catsup
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2144.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g