1/3 Photos of Oktoberfest Curry Catsup
We had a wonderful Oktoberfest dinner earlier this month for just two of us to celebrate. I made water braised, sauteed, then finally lager braised brats with plenty of sliced onion. We served this with a side of my own Pennsylvania Dutch Amish Ginger Sauerkraut and zaar Bacon -Butter Potatoes Oktoberfest Style. For dipping brats, I made this sauce and it turned out very tasty. I had something quite similar to this on zaar, but this one is a little different. Topped the dinner with great tasting beer. This is life! Next day - brats hoagie with this sauce and they were wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onion in oil until it is transparent, about 2-3 minutes. Do not brown.
- 2Add curry powder and paprika to onion and continue to saute for a about 1 minute.
- 3Add ketchup and water to the onion mixture and simmer uncovered until sauce thickens a bit about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 4Refrigerate and serve with brats, hamburger or hot dogs.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oktoberfest Curry Catsup
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2144.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g