Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
A fusion of the deep south and asia! I do not remember where I got it from but the taste works well (at least for me). My japanese mom-in-law loves it!
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- soy sauce, as needed
- minced ginger, as needed
- balsamic vinegar (a splash)
- 1 lb fresh okra pods
- curry powder, to taste
- Marinate the chicken and peppers in the soy sauce, minced ginger, and balsamic vinegar.
- Cut the heads and tails off the okra and cut into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Dump them in a bowl and don't season them!
- Stir-fry the chicken until about 2/3 done, pull chicken out and set aside.
- Add oil, then the okra.
- Stir like crazy.
- Your goal is little green things that look like they are trying to be a nice golden brown.
- If you cook the okra just right, it is great. Under or over-cook it, it is great.
- Throw the chicken back in and stir.
- Add the peppers.
- Toss in about a teaspoon of curry powder for fun.
- Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes.
I couldn't find okra anywhere, but I used a packaged of frozen spinach instead. It was great. I forgot about putting potatoes or rice on, so boiled up some noodles quickly. A fast, tasty meal!