Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Ground pork sausage offers a twist to an already delicious corn chowder.
Top Review by CheeseAddict
This chowder is very easy to prepare and made a great meal. I thought the sausage's flavor got lost in the chowder, so next time I will try bacon. I used lowfat milk, and it still tasted very good.
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- fresh parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown first 4 ingredients in a large soup pot, stirring until sausage crumbles.
- Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk and next 6 ingredients; cook chowder over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and thickened.
- Garnish, if desired.