Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Couldn't get on Food.com and needed my recipe for my girls to make and enter in our county fair. Hit the internet and found this AMAZING cookie! It is adapted from the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook and is the BEST peanut butter cookie I have ever had...and I'm not a huge fan of them in the first place. Hope you like them as well.
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 236.59 ml peanut butter, at room temperature (calls for smooth, but you can use chunky if you prefer)
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 158.51 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 14.79 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml peanut butter chips
- 118.29-236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 29.58 ml white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy.
- Add both sugars and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract.
- Once that is mixed well, start adding the flour mixture slowly and beat well.
- Stir in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Put the 2 Tablespoons white sugar in a bowl.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into the sugar. (I use a scoop and then roll it to make round) rolling to coat.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets leaving several inches between for expansion.
- Using a fork, lightly indent top w/criss-cross pattern being careful not to overly flatten cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.do not overbake. Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not.
- Remove and let sit on cookie sheets for 1 minute. (they will fall apart if you don't).
- Remove to a rack and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container if there are any left! Ü.