Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Change the veggies if you like but these are the ones we like in the casserole. Its our comfort food.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet green peppers or 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 ounce extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the macaroni for 12 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and saute the garlic, onions, green or red peppers and mushrooms until softened.
- Add the ground turkey and stir occasionally until the meat changes color.
- Combine the macaroni, turkey mixture, milk, soup, pepper and parsley in a 2-quart casserole coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with the cheddar and bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.