Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Change the veggies if you like but these are the ones we like in the casserole. Its our comfort food.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet green peppers or 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 ounce extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the macaroni for 12 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and saute the garlic, onions, green or red peppers and mushrooms until softened.
- Add the ground turkey and stir occasionally until the meat changes color.
- Combine the macaroni, turkey mixture, milk, soup, pepper and parsley in a 2-quart casserole coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with the cheddar and bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.