O'charley's Restaurant's Beef Monterey
- Note: You will also need an 8 ounce rarebit dish and a larger dinner dish.
- Ladle 1 ounce of oil into heated sauté pan. Add minced garlic and cook for 10 seconds. Place 7 ounces of beef tips into pan and generously season with seasoning salt. After tips have cooked for 1 1/2 minutes, add vegetables. When vegetables are 50% done, add burgundy wine. Cook tips to medium doneness. If you're cooking beef tips medium-well or well done, do not add garlic until wine is added because garlic will burn.
- When tips are done, portion rice into bottom of a large rarebit dish and place tips and veggies on top of rice. Do not drain.
- Place a slice of Monterey Jack cheese over tips, covering beef tips completely. Tuck the cheese around the beef tips so it is contained within the dish. Place rarebit dish into a cheese melter, broiler, or oven. Carefully remove dish when cheese is completely melted.
- Serve rarebit on dinner dish. Garnish with a fist size piece of kale and a sprinkle of parsley and serve.