Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another Martha Stewart recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats, plus
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats, not quick cooking
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 325. Spread oats on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast until fragrant and lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt and 1/2 cup cooled oats; process until finely ground, 1 minute. Add butter. Pulse until mixture is the consistency of coarse meal. Transfer to an 8" square baking pan; press firmly into bottom. Sprinkle remaining oats on top and press gently.
- Bake until firm and lightly browned, 30-35 minutes. Using a paring knife, immediately score shortbread into 16 squares; then score each square diagonally into 2 trianges. On a wire rack, cool completely in pan; gently invert and break along scored lines.