Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- 2 2⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 -3 tablespoon milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in apart onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, in a mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar, and marshmallow creme. Add enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Spread filling on bottom half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.