Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Feel your oats with these delicious healthy treats. They're yummy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (maybe a little more)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups chopped raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, Grease jelly roll pan (15x10 sheet).
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, soda, salt and oatmeal. Add to butter mixture until combined. (Stir in additional flour 1/2 cup flour if dough is too sticky).
- Divide dough in half. Press one half of the dough into prepared pan, speading evenly.
- In a saucepan, combine raisins and the rest of the filling ingredients. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Spread filling over dough in pan.
- Drop remaining half of dough in small crumbles all over the raisin layer. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool.
- Combine powdered sugar, cinnamon and milk. Drizzle glaze over bars. Cut into pieces.