Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are the best oatmeal raisin cookies ever. I like them because they have so much flavor and they make the kitchen smell so wonderful!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar till well blended. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture slowly. Mix just until blended.
- Fold in oats and raisins.
- Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges become light brown.
I have a similar recipe but this was better. The mixture of butter and butter flavor shortening was the trick. I will use this from now on. Thanks
I made a double batch of these to take on our family holiday..of course you can't make cookies without sampling them. They are excellent. I am much more a ginger cookie person but these are awesome in my books. They are soft and chewy and so easy to make. The only thing I did different was put them in the fridge overnight..its just to hot here to cook and we got rain last night to cool it off. This is a keeper, Thank you so much.