Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yum. Yum. Yum. The only thing I'd do differently is add more oatmeal, but these are great. Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com/Michele.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 butter, softened (recipe calls for margarine, but I prefer butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, butter, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the oats until just combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in a preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don't over bake.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.