Recipe by RecipeNut
These cookies are packed with oatmeal, chocolate, and nuts. YUUMMMY
Top Review by I'mPat
DS took these humungous (27 of them) to his recreational music day were they were all gobbled up. I baked them at 160C fan forced oven for 18 minutes. Thank you Recipenut, made for Aussie Swap #26 - March 2009.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine butter and shortening. Beat with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and cocoa powder; beat on low speed until combined. Stir in oats, semisweet chips, white baking chips, and nuts.
- Using 1/4 cup dry measuring cup, drop dough 3 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet. Press dough into 3 inch circles. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or just untiln edges are firm and centers are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire rack; cool.