Recipe by Chef K of Roanoke
Oatmeal cookies light as air, crisp and chewy. A light, pleasing oatmeal cookie - perfect for a snack.
- 4 ounces butter (softened)
- 4 ounces Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter, sugar and egg together in mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder, salt, vanilla and baking soda.
- Add both flours. Mix thorougly. (makes still dough).
- Fold in using spoon or spatula, chips (raisins, walnuts, etc).
- On baking sheet sprayed or lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, drop roughly 1 Tbsp of mix 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until done.
- Cool on wire rack.