Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was in the supermarket one day shopping for a muffin recipe from the Barefoot Contessa. I had picked up french vanilla granola in hopes of using it in the recipe, but when I got home and tasted it the first thing I thought of was oatmeal cookies. So, the kids and I came up with this one. We get around 3 dozen or so from this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon double strength vanilla extract or 2 teaspoons regular strength vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal, I use french vanilla with almonds
- 3⁄4 cup dried fruit, I use raisins
- Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and spices till well blended. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter, shortening and sugars until light and creamy. Then add the eggs one at a time until they are blended. Add the vanilla beat until well blended, about a minute.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. When dough is well blended, fold in fruit, oats and granola. Break your granola into manageable pieces if needed.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto pan. We lined our pans with wax paper but whatever you choose to do to your pans is up to you. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Oven temps vary, so keep an eye on your cookies !
Yummy! Used all butter and dried cranberries. Crunchy on the outside but tender and chewy inside. Loved the dark brown sugar and balance of spices. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Easy and delicious and moist and my grandson loved making them!!