Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Baked, not fried. Serve with bbq sauce, honey mustard dressing or light ranch dressing for dipping. Change herb to your tastes. Oregano or dried basil work.
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 177.44 ml fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 453.59 g chicken breast tenders
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place oats in a food processor, and process for 20 seconds or until coarsely ground. Add cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pulse to combine, and place in a shallow bowl.
- Place each chicken breast tender between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Coat both sides of tenders with cooking spray; dredge tenders in oat mixture.
- Place tenders on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with dressings for dipping.
I really liked the concept of using the oatmeal and the baking, I did give them a light spray with cooking oil before putting the into a 200C fan forced oven but to get them to the browned stage took 25 minutes and they were dry and a little tough so would not to flatten out the tenders so they are plump and hopefully will brown up without going dry. Thank you Mikekey made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #78 July 2013.
Really enjoyed this fresh take on tenders! The oatmeal makes a great breading; I did use fresh thyme, as I had it on hand. Spicy chili dipping sauce gave just a little 'oomph!' Thanks for sharing a simple, tasty chicken dish, Mikekey!