Recipe by Boomette
From the issue of November 2006 of Coup de pouce. This give 20 large cookies.
Top Review by rosie316
These turned out very yummy. I highly recommend them. The only thing I altered in the recipe was that I left out the almonds (I don't eat nuts), and I was baking other types of cookies at the same time at a slightly higher temp, so these only took about 12 minutes to bake. Everyone enjoyed them. Thanks for posting. (Made for "Alphabet Soup" tag)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, soften
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. In another big bowl, with a mixer, mix butter, sugar, brown sugar until mixture has doubled. Add eggs and vanilla and mix. Add mixture of flour beating at low speed. Add oatmeal, cranberries and almonds and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Let drop the dough, 1/4 cup for each cookie, on ungreased baking sheets, leaving space of 3 inches between each cookies. Put one baking sheet on the superior grill, of a preheated oven of 350 F and the other baking sheet on the inferior grill. Cook 16 minutes or until cookies are golden but lightly soft on top (CHANGE THE BAKING SHEET AT MID-COOKING, THE ONE ON THE SUPERIOR GOES ON THE INFERIOR GRILL AND TURN THEM).
- Let cool on a rack for 2 minutes. Put the cookies on the rack and let cool completely.