Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Another quick, easy macaroon recipe! Hope you like this!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the shortening, milk and white sugar.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil and continue to boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cocoa, coconut and oatmeal.
- Stir mixture well.
- Drop tsp sized drops onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookies in the refrigerator and allow them to set, then place in an airtight container to store.
I was looking for my recipe for chocolate macaroons and couldn't find it. This one looked like the one i had. When I made them they weren't as moist as mine were. They still tasted yummy though and went quickly. Thanx for posting this recipe.
Unfortunately, these did not turn out too well for us. They had a pleasant flavor but they were much too dry. Sorry :(