Recipe by spatchcock
Another quick, easy macaroon recipe! Hope you like this!
Top Review by Jenny74
I was looking for my recipe for chocolate macaroons and couldn't find it. This one looked like the one i had. When I made them they weren't as moist as mine were. They still tasted yummy though and went quickly. Thanx for posting this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the shortening, milk and white sugar.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil and continue to boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cocoa, coconut and oatmeal.
- Stir mixture well.
- Drop tsp sized drops onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookies in the refrigerator and allow them to set, then place in an airtight container to store.