Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very good oatmeal cookie recipe that I added pretzels to because it originally called for almonds but I am not a big fan of nuts. I either use raisins or chocolate chips when I make it but both work great.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup of broken up thin pretzel stick
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Break up pretzels to your desired size.
- Stirs in oats, chocolate chips, and pretzel pieces.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
These cookies are awesome...I had some banana bread pretzels to use so popped these in..., I only made a half batch and it made heaps. Really tasty cookies...the kids especially approved. Thanks for posting!