Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, soda, salt, cinnamon, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in oatmeal, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by well rounded Tablespoons 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Cool 2 miuntes, then carefully transfer to racks with spatula to cool.
These cookies are soooo good. I didn't have enough butter on hand so I used vegetable oil instead. They turned out amazing! Thanks so much for posting this recipe. Will be using it again!
This recipe is spot on. Delicious cookies and they keep well for a few days without getting tough and hard.