Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great recipe from Michael Smith. These muffins are so moist and delicious, as well as being good for you, too!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix the eggs, oil, yogurt and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the carrots and then the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into 6 jumbo or 12 regular-sized muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I love these muffins so light and moist
These are DELICIOUS! I can't have dairy so I did Coconut Milk vanilla yogurt instead and I didn't have oatmeal so I substituted old fashioned oats, but these turned out fantastic. They were moist and sweet without being overly sweet or dessert-like. These will become a staple in my house!
I love this recipe. I also made it again with the following switches. I left out the nutmeg, used vanilla yogurt, 1 cup of banana instead of carrot, 3/4 cup of brown sugar instead of a cup.