Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is very moist and flavorful. My family devours it, and anyone who has ever tried this cake loved it. Even if you cringe your nose at the idea of an oatmeal cake I promise you will love it. I have had sceptics before.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup coconut
- Cake: Pour boiling water over oats and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Add oatmeal mixture and mix well.
- Bake in greased 13 X 9 inch glass pan at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Topping: Mix brown sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla in pan and cook over very low heat until melted.
- Add nuts and coconut, stir well.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover slightly cooled cake.