Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fresh apples make all the difference in this one!
- 2 cups green apples, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons light margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place apples, sugar, & lemon juice in 8"x8" baking dish.
- Rub together oats, brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, & margarine.
- Press oat mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes.
I had some Granny Smith apples that needed to be used, so I chose to make this apple crisp. It was easy to assemble and tasted delicious! As a special touch, I spooned caramel topping over each serving while it was hot from the oven! Yum!!