Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
I had some almond butter that had been around for a while and wanted to use it. So, I made these. It could be done with any nut butter you happen to have on hand. Can be nuggets or flat cookies.
- 158.51 ml nut butter (peanut, almond, etc)
- 177.44 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 113.39 g butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 egg
- 177.44 ml old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat sugars and butter in a bowl until fluffy, about 3 minutes with a mixer.
- Add your nut butter and vanilla. Beat in well.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add oats and mix well. As this is a very moist dough, you could easily double the oats, if you want to do so.
- Scoop 1 tsp rounded balls for small cookies or 2 tsp rounded balls for larger cookies onto silpat lined baking sheets.
- If you want, place a nut, matching the butter, on top of each cookie. This is totally optional. This will make little nuggets.
- If you want flat cookies, just dip a glass in sugar and flatten the dough with a twisting motion.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- I like to just bake 1 small sheet at a time and refrigerate the rest of the dough. That way, when I do have cookies, they are always fresh. It is also nice to pop some in the oven when unexpected company stops by to visit.