1/1 Photo of Oat and Cherry Scones (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 12 scones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dried cherries
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal, brown sugar and then cherries - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5OAT AND CHERRY SCONES GIFT TAG:
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 10 tbsp melted butter, 2/3 cup milk, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 egg white and 3 tbsp water.
- 7OAT AND CHERRY SCONES INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 375.
- 9In a large bowl combine the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- 10Add the contents of the jar and still until just moistened; let stand 5 minutes.
- 11Shape dough into 2 6-inch rounds and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 12With a floured knife, score each round into 6 wedges without cutting through the dough.
- 13Combine the egg white and water and brush over each round.
- 14Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 15Cool for 5 minutes, cut into scones and serve warm; or cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oat and Cherry Scones (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 305.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: