- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Cover and boil 3 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, without stirring until mixture registers 230 degrees on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Add pecans and vanilla; beat wtih a wooden spoon until fudge is thick and begins to lose its gloss (2-3 minutes).
- Pour fudge into a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.