Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy way to make cookies on the trail without having to do any cooking. All you have to do is a little mixing and boil some water. I found this recipe in The Trailside Cookbook. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 2 tablespoons butter (30 ml) or 2 tablespoons margarine (30 ml)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate powdered milk (50 ml)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (375 ml)
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk (30 ml)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (45 ml)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (75 ml)
- Heat 1/4 cup/50 ml water in a large pan. Add the butter and chocolate milk powder and bring to a boil. Add all the remaining ingredients except the sugar and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into balls (about 12), flatten them onto a tray and sprinkle with sugar.
- Pack in airtight bags and store in a cool, dark place. They will keep for about a week. If you want to keep them longer, they will need to be refrigerated.