Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Created for rsc 2007, this is quick and easy to prepare.
- 8 ounces thin rice noodles, soaked according to package directions
- 1⁄2 lb chopped beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 scallions, chopped, white parts (reserve green parts for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek (to taste)
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh Thai basil
- Soak rice noodles according to package directions, drain.
- In a wok or frying pan heat oil.
- Add onion, garlic, curry powder, scallions, and stir.
- Add beef and stir until cooked through. add carrots, cook for 1-2 minutes more, drain excess fat.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a large glass measuring cup, add to wok,.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve over rice noodles, garnish with scallions.
Yum, yum!! I made this just as written, except I doubled (actually times 1 1/2) the sauce ingredients. I went light on the sambal oelek and my hubby mixed extra into his. Next time I will use the really skinny rice noodles!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :O) UPDATE! Tried with the really skinny noodles, and just didn't like it as much (hubby didn't mind). I like the slightly chewy texture of the pad thai type rice noodles! :O)
I wish I could give this recipe 4.5 stars! It certainly tastes fantastic and it is a keeper for sure! My friend (who hardly cooks) even asked for the recipe! My only negative remark is that my friend and I (both women) ate the whole amount of sauce - just the two of us. I would therefore double the sauce if I cooked it for four. Thanks for creating this wonderful recipe, I will for sure cook it again!
This was great....I love the ingredients, simple and easy directions...great flavor. A definite keeper...thanks so much.