Nutty Mississippi Mud Pie
- CRUST: Mix pecans and walnuts and add to your favorite pie crust recipe, or, if desired, use 2 frozen pie crusts, baked according to package instructions, with nuts divided evenly over bottom of crusts.
- Set aside to cool.
- FILLING: Mix cream cheese, sour cream, confectioner's sugar and 1 tsp vanilla with electric mixer or food processor until well blended.
- Divide evenly between pie crusts.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or longer.
- TOPPING: In a bowl, blend 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, flour, cocoa, salt, 1/4 cup milk and egg yolks; set mixture aside. Place 2 cups milk and 3/4 cup sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, whisking constantly.
- Add to bowl ingredients.
- Transfer bowl ingredients back into saucepan and bring to boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp butter and 1 tsp vanilla and almond extracts.
- Cool and spoon over Pies.
- Refrigerate Pies.