Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Good Food magazine - good served with a salad.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin steaks
- all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 3 ounces breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts, roasted chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lemon, zest of, only
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Beat steaks between 2 sheets of waxed paper using a rolling pin, until 1/4" thick.
- Put the flour, eggs and crumbs into 3 shallow bowls. Mix the nuts, thyme and zest into the crumbs, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the steaks in the flour, shaking off the excess. Then coat in the egg and finally the crumbs, shaking off the excess. Put onto a plate until all 4 are coated.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry 2 steaks at a time for 2 minutes each side until firm and crisp. Add a little butter for the final seconds to coat. Set aside, keeping them warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining 2 steaks.