Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Based on a recipe from a 1982 Southern Living magazine. Lovely, chewy cream cheese delights!
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 (3 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and beat well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Shape into 1" balls, placing 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Dip bottom of drinking glass in water and gently press each cookie until about 2" in diameter.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 to 13 minutes.
- Cool 2-3 minutes on cookie sheets before removing.
I really liked these cookies. They're very easy. I did not roll them into balls-just dropped them on the cookie sheet. I didn't press them down, either. Baked them at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
I tried to make these cookies with little success. I think they meant 8oz. of cream cheese instead of 3. Might be good otherwise!