1 hr 40 mins
Carmen B.'s Note:
A great twist on boring old popcorn. Mix and match whatever nuts you prefer. I've used this an extra gift for Christmas and for parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 cups freshly popped corn
- 1 cup unsalted dry-roasted cashews
- 1 cup roasted salted macadamia nut
- 1 cup whole almonds or 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Butter a large roasting pan.
- 2Combine popped corn and nuts in the prepared pan, mixing well. Place in the oven while preparing the glaze.
- 3In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, orange zest and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- 4Remove from the heat and mix in the vanilla and baking soda. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE SODA AS IT MAY MAKE THE SYRUP FOAM UP AND SPATTER A BIT!Gradually pour the glaze over the popped corn mixture, stirring to coat well.
- 5Bake until dry; stirring occasionally, approximately 1 hour.
- 6Remove from the oven. Using a metal spatula, free the popcorn from the bottom of the pan. Let cool completely in the pan.
- 7Break into clumps. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Caramel Popcorn
Serving Size: 1 (1063 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.3
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 149.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g