This has been a holiday favorite for years at our house!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, combine all cookie ingredients EXCEPT flour and nutmeg; beat on med.
- 3speed until light and fluffy.
- 4Add flour and nutmeg; mix well.
- 5Divide dough into 6 parts.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll each part by hand into a long rope about 1/2 inch in diameter.
- 7Cut into 3" lengths; place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.
- 9Cool completely before frosting.
- 10FROSTING: Combine all ingredients and beat until spreading consistency.
- 11Frost cooled logs and run the tines of a fork through frosting to resemble"bark.
- 12"Dust lightly with nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutmeg Cookie Logs
Serving Size: 1 (1201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.3
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 39.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g