Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are so good, just like eating a ferrero rocher!
Make and share this Nutella Meringue Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, grind together the powdered sugar with the almond powder and cocoa so there are no lumps. Using a standing electric mixer and at slow-medium speeds, beat the egg whites until they begin to rise and hold their shape. While whipping, gradually beat in the granulated sugar until very stiff and firm.
- Carefully fold the dry ingredients, in two batches, into the beaten egg whites with a flexible rubber spatula. When the mixture is just smooth and there are no streaks of egg white, stop folding and scrape the batter into the pastry bag.
- Pipe the batter on the parchment-lined baking sheets in 1/2-inch circles. Tap the baking sheet a few times firmly on the counter top to flatten the meringues, then bake them for 15 minutes. Let cool completely then remove from baking sheet.
- To assemble, you match up similar sized meringues. Depending on size of meringues, spread 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of nutella on one cookie’s inside and fluff on the other side, and then gently press the matching cookie on top, forming a sandwich.
- You can store in an airtight container or in the fridge for at least one day before serving and the meringues can keep up to 5 days, after that they may be stored in the freezer up to 3 months!