Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Submitted to Bangers n'Mash cookbook, we tried this and it turned out fine. Try it and let us know. This recipe contains small amount of peanuts (optional), so beware
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 500 g mixed vegetables (your choice)
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed and par boiled
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 225 g tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 150 ml water
- 150 ml natural yoghurt
- mixed grain rice, to serve
- toasted sliced almonds, to garnish
- crushed peanuts, to garnish
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Add herbs, spices and garlic.
- Fry 2-3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add mixed vegetables potatoes and salt.Stir well to coat in spices. Stir in tomatoes and water., bring to the boil. Cover and gently simmer for 25 -30 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in yoghurt and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with rice and garnish with peanuts and almonds.
- Serves 2.
- Add a pinch of salt when cooking rice. This brings out the delicious nutty flavor.