Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Just about any kind of nut you can think of will work.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nutmeats, your choice
- Cream shortening and sugar, add egg yolks and beat well.
- Mix flour and baking powder together and add alternately to shortening mix with milk and vanilla.
- Stir in nuts.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then fold into batter.
- Bake in a greased pan in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
Yum! We very tasty. Also, I added hazelnut coffee syrup and a bit less sugar and no vanilla, which made it extra 'nutty' tasting.