Recipe by LadyRoza
I can't remember where i got this lasagna recipe. I "doctored" it up a little bit, and this always turns out great! Its a family favorite. There is prep involved, but the results are to die for! Besides, a "quick and easy" lasagna is never as good as a homemade lasagna =)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 12 dry lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef, pork, onion, and garlic; drain fat.
- Mix in basil, oregano, brown sugar, 1 1/2 TSP salt, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. Simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles, and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Lay noodles flat on towels, and blot dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta, parmesan cheese, parsley, and 1 TSP salt.
- Layer 1/3 of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9X13 inch baking dish.
- Cover noodles with 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 of the sauce.
- Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle additional parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.