Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Okay, first of all don't ask me why these are called Nun's Puffs, I'm just posting the recipe!! lol But these are really good if you like eggy flavors--don't try them if you don't.
- Grease 12 muffin cups including the area around the top of the cup as well as the sides. (DO NOT USE PAPER MUFFIN CUPS!).
- In a medium saucepan melt butter and add milk. Bring to boiling.
- Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously.
- Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball that does not separate and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 1 minutes after each egg until smooth. divide dough evenly among muffing cups, don't worry if they aren't full, these will rise.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and sprinkle puffs with sugar.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Remove from pan.
- Plop a dollop of whipped cream on top of each and serve immediately or drizzle honey over the top and serve immediately.*.
- *NOTE: If the eggy flavor is a bit strong for you, let cool a couple hours and that will cut it down a lot.
I used to make these all the time, then I lost the cookbook they were in a move. That was 5 years ago and I had almost forgotten about them. I was so happy to find the recipe here. The egginess is similar to french toast, though more pronounced in the puff's. We like these with maple syrup.
Love this recipe! One of my favourite things to make.