Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad is a snap to make and can be served warm or cool. The perfect BBQ or potluck salad.
Make and share this Nummy Couscous Salad With Dried Fruit recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons craisins
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
- Put the cous cous into a large bowl and pour boiling water over top. Cover loosely with lid and let sit 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, chop all your veggies and then add everything to the cous cous and stir well. Serve immediately or let sit in the fridge for a few hours. It tastes better the next day!