Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
ESC cook off February 21, 2014.
- 1 lb ground beef, Jim's Meat Market
- 2 lbs ground pork, Jim's Meat Market
- 2 lbs cooked italian meatballs, GFS
- 1 lb cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 white onions, chopped
- 3 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 heads garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1⁄2 cup basil
- 8 cups tomato puree
- 8 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 3 jalapenos, 3 (slits or side)
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 12 cups cooked black beans, Tenuto's
- Cook/Brown coat meats with 2 T. of spice mix of chili powder, cayenne powder, paprika & basil (above ingredients). Set aside while preparing vegetables.
- Saute onions in olive oil and rice vinegar until clear, Add peppers and garlic and saute till wilted. Remove from pan and add meats into remaining juices until browned.
- Add liquid of choice, spice mix, chili base, tomato puree, diced tomatoes, and jalapenos.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and occasionally stir. Simmer approximately 2 1/2 hours. Test for taste and spice "Heat". If you want less spice "Heat", remove jalapenos. If you want more "Heat", take a spoon and squeeze the juices out of the Jalapenos and leave in the Chili. Adjust to taste with chili powder and/or salt. Simmer 10 more minutes.
- Last 15 minutes before finish, add beans, molasses, and honey. Garnish with cheese or chopped onions.