NSCC Northside Carnivore Chili
- Cook/Brown coat meats with 2 T. of spice mix of chili powder, cayenne powder, paprika & basil (above ingredients). Set aside while preparing vegetables.
- Saute onions in olive oil and rice vinegar until clear, Add peppers and garlic and saute till wilted. Remove from pan and add meats into remaining juices until browned.
- Add liquid of choice, spice mix, chili base, tomato puree, diced tomatoes, and jalapenos.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and occasionally stir. Simmer approximately 2 1/2 hours. Test for taste and spice "Heat". If you want less spice "Heat", remove jalapenos. If you want more "Heat", take a spoon and squeeze the juices out of the Jalapenos and leave in the Chili. Adjust to taste with chili powder and/or salt. Simmer 10 more minutes.
- Last 15 minutes before finish, add beans, molasses, and honey. Garnish with cheese or chopped onions.