Recipe by USMCWife&Mom
These stuffed shells are great. You could even use the filling as a layer for lasagna!
- 20 pasta shells, Cooked Al Dente
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (9 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shells al dente, drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- Brown sausage.
- Add onion, when sausage is almost done, and saute.
- Squeeze water out of spincah, and add it to sausage and onions.
- Place cream cheese in a bowl, make sure it's very soft.
- Add 1/2 cup mozarella cheese to cream cheese and stir together.
- Add sausage mixture to cream cheese mixture.
- Stuff shells and line in casserole dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over (be sure there is sauce in the bottom of the dish under the shells, so they don't burn and stick).
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozarella cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes.