Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from the Nutrition Action Newsletter. With approximately 60 calories per 1/4 cup serving and zero fat and only 15 grams Carbohydrates this is a lighter sauce for the holidays. Make it a day or two ahead, and serve it hot or cold.
- 2 (680.38 g) bag frozen cranberries
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 354.88 ml water
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 medium orange, peeled and chopped
- 14.79 ml orange peel, grated
- 59.14 ml crystallized ginger, minced
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cranberry skins pop open. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange peel and crystallized ginger.
- Put into a bowl and set into refrigerator until ready to serve. You can heat this up if you like a hot sauce to put over a ham, or serve chilled to serve along with a turkey.
Deserves 10 stars!!!!!!! Thank you very much for this faboulos recipe.
Good and not overly sweet. I'd reduce to water as I like a bit of a thicker cranberry sauce and since we love crystallized ginger, I'd add even more next time. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
What an easy and fabulous recipe! The addition of the orange and ginger give this sauce an extra zing that we loved. I will be making this one again, Thanks Lynda!